Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baby Max

I think Max is starting to understand that a new baby will be here soon, and that he will no longer be our baby. He keeps telling me, "Mama, I'm the baby." And then he will start to do the fakest little cry I've ever heard. So I told him that if he wants to be a baby that he can only drink milk and he has to nap all the time. He happily took a glass of milk from me, but drew the line at napping all day. It's true that my Baby Max is going to be a big brother soon, which is so hard for me to even imagine. And every day he's growing and learning in new and exciting ways. But every once in a while, I'll catch moments that remind me of the baby he once was and it reminds me that although he's no longer a baby, we will always be our first baby. The other day I came down stairs and found him snuggling on the couch watching cartoons with Daddy. He looked so small and babyish cuddled under the blankets, the site just melted my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment