Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Story Time

Wednesdays are quickly becoming one of my favorite days of the week. Max loves books, so going to story time at our local public libraries was easily a big hit with my little nerd. Not only that, he gets to spend time with one of his favorite friends, Ms. Juliet Williams. He adores her and would spend every day with her if that were at all possible. Last week, Isabel (Juliet's mommy) and I took the kids to a different library. It's much smaller than the one we've been going to, but it's by far a better story time experience. While coloring her blue horse (the craft that accompanied Eric Carle's newest book, "The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse") Juliet said to Isabel, "Mom, I like this library better than the other one." So of course we had to come back this week. And I am so happy that we did! This week's story time was hosted by some very nice firefighters who read the kids a story, shared fire safety with them, and showed the kids their gear. Of course, the day ended with a thorough tour of their engine and some very nice little gifts for all of the kids. Here are some pictures of Max and his Juju:



Anyone who knows Max knows this is one of his favorite things to say to me when he's mad. I can't take credit for finding this book. It was all Isabel!








No comments:

Post a Comment